Available February 9, 2018
When legendary Nashville producer Buzz Cason sold his recording studio to John and Martina McBride, there was some cleaning up to do. That is when Jimmy learned they had found a sizable collection of 1⁄4-inch tapes that were demos of songs Jimmy had written and recorded for Buzz when he was writing for his publishing company. It turned out that there were over 125 songs in that pile of tape boxes. Also discovered were the original first recordings that Travis Turk had engineered in Mobile, which is where the whole story of Buried Treasure starts.
Two Discs/180 gram. Comes with download card.
- The Mobile Days (narration)
- Don't Bring Me Candy
- Lightfoot (narration)
- The Circle Is Small
- Clunker Chord (narration)
- Abandoned On Tuesday
- Technology (narration)
- I Can't Be Your Hero Today
- Blame It On New Orleans (narration)
- Rickety Lane
- Sgt. Pepper In the Gumbo Pot (narration)
- The Wino Has Something to Say
- Going Where the Wind Takes You (narration)
- California Dreamin'
- Nashville Here We Come (narration)
- The Gypsy
- Hopelessly Gone (narration)
- Hopelessly Gone
- Simple Pleasures (narration)
- Simple Pleasures
- Close The World at Five (narration)
- Close the World at Five
Disc 1 Side B:
Disc 2 Side C:
Disc 2 Side D:
Original Broadway Cast Recording of Escape to Margaritaville, the new musical, features the songs of iconic singer-songwriter-author Jimmy Buffett. Recorded in Chicago, the album will be released on Friday, February 16, 2018, the morning of the show’s first Broadway performance.
The Escape to Margaritaville Cast Recording is produced by Mailboat Records, Mike Utley, Mac McAnally, and Christopher Jahnke.
Being Jimmy Buffett fans for all our lives, we were thrilled to be asked to create a musical using his catalog of music. Having never written a musical before, we started the process of writing the story by re-listening to the songs we knew by heart, but from a totally new perspective. We listened for the stories, the characters and the emotions that could be extracted from each song. We wanted every song that was going to be sung to have a specific meaning and emotional resonance for the character who would perform it. It was our hope that the Parrotheads would enjoy these songs in a way they haven t enjoyed them in the past, and have deeper, or in some cases, completely different meanings than they had previously associated with them. And for those audience members who were not as familiar with Jimmy s music, we hoped to craft a story where the songs fit seamlessly into the narrative as if they were written after the fact. We were very happy with where we ended up with the script, but when we heard what the Music Supervisor Chris Jahnke did with the songs, we were blown away. He brought a whole new energy and dimension to the music that not only stayed true to the original songs we ve enjoyed our whole lives, but he also made us feel like we were hearing the songs for the first time. We can only compare it to seeing an old friend in a new light and falling in love all over again. Because of that, every time we listen to this album we will be reminded how lucky we were to work with Chris Jahnke, one of the kindest, most generous and talented people we ve ever met.
- Greg Garcia and Mike O Malley
- LICENSE TO CHILL
- IT'S FIVE O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
- RAGTOP DAY
- IT'S MY JOB
- WHY DON'T WE GET DRUNK
- THREE CHORDS
- WE ARE THE PEOPLE OUR PARENTS WARNED US ABOUT
- SON OF A SON OF A SAILOR
- MY HEAD HURTS, MY FEET STINK AND I DON'T LOVE JESUS
- COCONUT TELEGRAPH Medley: Coconut Telegraph /Last Mango in Paris/Cabana (Havana) Daydreamin' /Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
- GRAPEFRUIT - JUICY FRUIT
- HE WENT TO PARIS
- CHEESEBURGER IN PARADISE
- TIN CUP CHALICE
- LOVE AND LUCK Medley: Love and Luck / Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
- COME MONDAY Medley: Come Monday / Beautifulness
- A PIRATE LOOKS AT FORTY
- ONE PARTICULAR HARBOUR
- I WILL PLAY FOR GUMBO
Double vinyl album, 180 gram, featuring 16 new recordings. The album was recorded Spring 2013 in various locales including Key West, Nashville, Austin, Miami and St. Barts. The first single, "Too Drunk To Karaoke" is a duet with Toby Keith. Other song titles are "Somethin' 'Bout A Boat", "Einstein Was A Surfer", "I Want To Go Back To Cartagena", "Tides" and "Useless But Important Information"
Vinyl version includes two-discs, picture sleeves and an eight-page insert with pictures and lyrics.
- Something' 'Bout A Boat
- Einstein Was A Surfer
- Earl's Dead - Cadillac For Sale
- Too Drunk To Karaoke (with Toby Keith)
- Useless But Important Information
- I Want To Go Back To Cartagena
- Rue De La Guitare
- I'm No Russian
- The Rocket That Grandpa Rode
- I Wave Bye Bye
- Colour Of The Sun
- Oldest Surfer On The Beach
Bonus: I Want To Go Back To Cartagena (with Fanny Lu) - Spanish VersionLearn More
Take The Weather With You returns Buffett back to his country foundation with breezy ballads, interpretations of alt-country songs, a version of Merle Haggard's "Silver Wings" and mariachi horns in "Cinco De Mayo In Memphis." A tribute to the historic bars along the Gulf Coast in "Bama Breeze" is flavored with sublime Southern riffs, and Buffett fulfilled a dream of playing with Mark Knopfler, who wrote and guests on "Whoop De Doo."
Buffett reinvents Mary Gauthier's "Wheel Inside The Wheel" with swampy rhythms crafted by Lafayette, Louisiana slide guitarist Sonny Landreth. "That song summed up the French Quarter when I was 18 years old," Buffett said. "Without realizing it, I went to my roots on this record. It's not a stretch for me to do country music."
On Take The Weather With You, he takes a philosophical look at the devastation of the Crescent City in the ballad "Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On," which Buffett wrote with former drummer Matt Betton. "When the storm hit New Orleans, I was performing at Wrigley Field in Chicago" said Buffett. "I go back to the emotions I was feeling on stage there during the biggest show of my life. That spilled over into this record. People still don't understand the devastation along the Gulf Coast. I was angry and started writing about it, but Matt sent me the first makings of 'Move On' and that calmed me down."
Take The Weather With You combines a variety of styles and sounds from Nashville, New Orleans and Key West. It's a smooth sail for Buffett.
- Bama Breeze
- Party At The End Of The World
- Weather With You
- Everybody's On The Phone
- Whoop De Doo
- Nothin' But A Breeze
- Cinco De Mayo In Memphis
- Reggabilly Hill
- Elvis Presley Blues
- Hula Girl At Heart
- Wheel Inside The Wheel
- Silver Wings
- Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
- Duke's On Sunday
1. Wonderful ChristmastimeLearn More
2. Jingle Bell Rock
3. All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth
4. Drivin' The Pig (Manejando El Cerdo)
5. The Twelve Days Of Christmas (Parrothead Version)
6. What I Didn't Get For Christmas
7. Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
8. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
9. Santa Stole Thanksgiving
10. Mele Kalikimaka (Feat. Jake Shimabukuro)
11. Winter Wonderland (Feat. Robert Greenidge)
12. Baby It s Cold Outside (Feat. Nadirah Shakoor)
13. White Christmas