Stay tuned in the next few weeks for an exciting addition to the Mailboat Records offerings - the ability to purchase mp3s of your favorite live Jimmy Buffett concerts!
When legendary Nashville producer Buzz Cason sold his recording studio to John and Martina McBride, there was some cleaning up to do. That is when Jimmy learned they had found a sizable collection of 1⁄4-inch tapes that were demos of songs Jimmy had written and recorded for Buzz when he was writing for his publishing company. It turned out that there were over 125 songs in that pile of tape boxes. Also discovered were the original first recordings that Travis Turk had engineered in Mobile, which is where the whole story of Buried Treasure starts.
Deluxe Package Includes: 40-page Collector’s Book with Never-Before-Seen Photos, Bonus DVD 20-Minute Documentary with New Interviews
- 1. The Mobile Days (narration)
- 2. Don’t Bring Me Candy
- 3. Lightfoot (narration)
- 4. The Circle Is Small
- 5. Clunker Chord (narration)
- 6. Abandoned On Tuesday
- 7. Technology (narration)
- 8. I Can’t Be Your Hero Today
- 9. Blame It On New Orleans (narration)
- 10. Rickety Lane
- 11. Sgt. Pepper In the Gumbo Pot (narration)
- 12. The Wino Has Something to Say
- 13. Going Where the Wind Takes You (narration)
- 14. California Dreamin'
- 15. Nashville Here We Come (narration)
- 16. The Gypsy
- 17. Hopelessly Gone (narration)
- 18. Hopelessly Gone
- 19. Simple Pleasures (narration)
- 20. Simple Pleasures
- 21. Close The World at Five (narration)
- 22. Close the World at Five
- 23. Thank you’s (narration)
PLEASE NOTE: This product is a digital download. You will not receive a physical product. Due to the size of video products, we do not recommend purchasing this product if you are on a dial-up connection.
In February of 2009, Jimmy Buffett and Mac McAnally played an impromptu show at the Margaritaville Cafe in Key West, Florida. The theme of the evening was Key West songs, and also included a performance of a brand new song - A Lot To Drink About.
This digital download includes audio mp3s of three songs from that performance (I Heard I Was In Town, Migration and A Lot To Drink About), as well as a Quicktime .mov movie & iPod video of A Lot To Drink About.Learn More
Mississippi singer-songwriter Matt Hoggatt won the American Songwriter January/February 2012 Lyric Contest for his song "Dear Jimmy Buffett" where he tells the personal tale of growing up on Jimmy's music on the same Gulf Shores that Buffett grew up on. The song became an internet sensation and, unbeknownst to Matt, made it's way to Jimmy himself.
Fast forward to a couple of Gulf Coast Jimmy Buffett concerts where Matt gets a personal invitation to join Jimmy on stage and perform the song live in front of 20,000 fans. Only that's not all - Jimmy was so inspired by Matt's that he wrote a response.
This digital download contains three separate files:
- An mp3 of Matt Hoggatt's original recording of "Dear Jimmy Buffett"
- An mp3 of Matt performing "Dear Jimmy Buffett" live in Tallahassee, and Jimmy's response "Dear Matt Hoggatt"
- A video of Matt performing "Dear Jimmy Buffett" live in Tallahassee, and Jimmy's response "Dear Matt Hoggatt"
PLEASE NOTE: The video is a 160 mb MP4 file. You will need a high speed internet connection to download.Learn More
$2.50Jimmy re-wrote "Fruitcakes" for the Wisconsin audience at Alpine Valley! Download the audio and video of this exclusive single "Cheesecakes" today! Learn More